Gluten Free Apple Cider Doughnuts – #FallFlavors
And #fallflavors continues with another round of exciting fall inspired dishes! These gluten free apple cider doughnuts will knock your socks off, I promise! These are the decadent treat you’ve been waiting for. And they’re dairy free to boot! It doesn’t get better than that, am I right???
Gluten Free Apple Cider Doughnuts are sponsored by Republic of Tea and Dixie’s Sugar Crystals. All opinions are my own.
I grew up going apple picking every year with my best friend and her family. They just happened to live next door so we did most things together. Once I moved to Colorado, we just continued the tradition! And now we take the next generation of nieces, nephews, and cousins. Everyone loves it and after a sweaty day of picking fruit, we have bushels of tasty ingredients for recipes just like these doughnuts! Not to mention, apple butter, apple crisp, apple fritters, the list is endless!
These doughnuts aren’t baked in a pan (mostly because I didn’t have a doughnut pan on hand to use! LOL) but I think fried doughnuts just taste better anyway. They’re a bit more work but I think they’re worth the effort. Scroll down for the recipe or hit the “jump to recipe” button at the top of the page.
Also, make sure you enter our # fallflavors giveaway. You could win some amazing prizes from our sponsors! Check out the full list of prizes on Monday’s post HERE!
Six (6) winners will be randomly selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #FallFlavors bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway and the contest is open only to US residents. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors posts or entries. Thank you to our sponsors Millican Pecan Company, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Republic of Tea, and Nairn’s for providing prizes.
More #FallFlavors Recipes Below:
Appetizers, Cocktails, and Snacks
- Apple Cider Old-Fashioned from Books n’ Cooks
- Fall Charcuterie Board from The Spiffy Cookie
- Sweet And Spicy Pecans from Simple and Savory
Breakfast and Baked Goods
- Apple Cider Pecan Granola from Family Around The Table
- Apple Cinnamon Bread from Life Love and Good Food
- Apple Pecan Scones from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Gluten-Free Apple Cider Doughnuts from Frugal & Fit
- Pecan Cinnamon Sugar Baked Apple Donuts from Jen Around the World
Soups and Salads
- Caramel Apple Pear Salad from Eat Move Make
- Creamy Autumn Squash Soup from Blogghetti
- Balsamic Glazed Cipollini Onions from West Via Midwest
- Roasted Cipollini Onions With Sherry Vinegar And Thyme from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Vegan Butternut Squash And Chestnut Kebabs from Magical Ingredients
- Cider Brined Baked Chicken from Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Air Fryer Apple Fritters from Devour Dinner
- Apple Cider Tea Madeleines from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Apple Crumb Bars from SueBee Homemaker
- Apple Nachos from Take Two Tapas
- Butterscotch Blondies from That Recipe
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes from Fresh April Flours
- Fall Fruit Galette from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Giant Butterscotch Cookies from An Affair from the Heart
- Gluten-Free Apple Pie from The Fresh Cooky
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake from Art of Natural Living
- Pear & Butternut Squash Crisp from Savory Moments
- Pecan Pound Cake from Soulfully Made
- Sour Cream Apple Pie from House of Nash Eats
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipe from Lemon Blossoms
Gluten Free Apple Cider Doughnuts
These gluten and dairy free treats will impress anyone who tries them! Send them in your child's lunchbox or bring them to your next fall brunch. They're a great treat for any time of day!
- 3 cups gluten free flour mix I used Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1
- 1 cup Dixie's white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup dairy free milk I used Califia Farms almond milk
- 1/3 cup steeped Republic of Tea's Apple Cider Tea Can replace with apple cider, if desired
- 1/2 cup dairy free plain yogurt I used Kite Hill's
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted ghee or coconut oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Oil for deep frying
In a stand mixer, mix eggs and sugar together.
Add milk, tea, yogurt, vanilla, and ghee to egg mixture and mix well.
Slowly add rest of ingredients, except oil to stand mixer. Mix until well combined.
On a heavily floured surface (dough will be quite wet), roll out dough to 2 inches thick. *Make sure you flour your rolling pin too!
Using a doughnut cutter or glass, cut out 3 inch doughnuts.
Heat oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat.
Add doughnuts to oil and fry 2-3 minutes. Flip doughnuts over and fry another 2 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove from oil and drain on paper towels. Allow to cool.
Dust cooled doughnuts with powdered sugar. Enjoy!
P.S. You can freeze these for up to 3 months as well!