Butternut Squash Parmesan Pasta- #FallFlavors
Welcome to the first day of our annual Fall Flavors event! I just love, love, love this time of year. Give me all the apples, pumpkins, and squash you can find! I’d drink pumpkin spice flavored coffees all day, every day. My love for fall is strong 🙂 So this recipe for gluten free butternut squash parmesan pasta is right up my alley. And I hope you’re going to love it as much too!
This recipe for Butternut Squash Parmesan Pasta is sponsored by Melissa’s Produce. All opinions are my own.
The flavors of this recipe just scream FALL. They’re decadent and rich with no dairy or gluten in sight! The sauce is so easy to make too. Just throw all the ingredients in a blender and puree. Voila! You got the perfect main entree or side dish for that harvest time table of yours. Mix up the flavors by adding toasted walnuts or pecans to the dish. How about trying some thyme or rosemary? Even mix up the squash! Acorn, pumpkin, or kabocha squashes would work equally well as butternut. Play around with it to your heart’s content. 🙂 Just make sure you leave me a comment and tell me how it went!
Gluten Free Butternut Squash Parmesan Pasta
A simple, delicious fall recipe that's both gluten and lactose free!
- 1/2 butternut squash about 1.5 lbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped I used Melissa's Produce cipolini onions
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup dairy free plain yogurt I used Kite Hill's
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- dash red pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup cooked, crumbled bacon or pancetta
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lb pasta, of choice I used Thrive Market's gluten free mini shells
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut butternut squash in half. Take 1/2 and cut it lengthwise. Remove seeds and place in a baking dish with 1 cup water.
Bake 45-60 minutes or until fork tender. Remove from oven and cool. Scoop out flesh of squash and chop into pieces. Set aside.
For the sauce
In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
Chop onions and garlic and add to heated oil. Saute in oil for 3-4 minutes or until soft.
Place cooked onions and garlic in a blender. Add 1 cup of water, cheese, yogurt, nutmeg, red pepper, squash to blender. Blend until smooth.
Return sauce to saucepan. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. If it's too thick, add more water.
Cook pasta to specifications. Once cooked and drained, pour sauce on top of pasta. Toss to coat.
Sprinkle bacon and parsley over the top of pasta. Serve hot.
Our #FallFlavors event features more than 25 food bloggers and will share recipes with favorite Fall flavors. Our sponsors, Millican Pecan, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Nairn’s, and Republic of Tea, have furnished participating bloggers with complimentary product to use in their recipe creations that they will be sharing this week. These same sponsors have generously offered prizes for our giveaway so be sure to enter and share with your friends so they can enter too. Be sure to follow our Fall Flavors Pinterest account for more inspiration.
Prize 1: Texas Pecan Candy Basket from Millican Pecan
The Millican Pecan Texas Pecan Candy Basket is loaded with a variety of pecan gifts. Includes 6 Milk Chocolate Pecan Clusters, 6 Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles), 6 White Chocolate Caramillicans, 6 Pecan Pralines, and a 1/2 lb. Bag of Flavored Pecans! Every bit DELICIOUS! A $75 value.
Prize 2: Williams Sonoma Cleartouch Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set from Dixie Crystals
Perfect for the occasional baker, our entry-level collection features a sturdy nonstick silicone coating at a great value. Aluminized steel, the material of choice for professional bakers, provides excellent heat transfer for even baking, so food turns out beautifully and releases easily, every time. 6-Piece Set includes: Half-sheet pan, 12-cup muffin pan, round cake pan, square cake pan, rectangular cake pan, loaf pan. An $80 value.
Prize 3: 3 Month Melissa’s Produce Gift Subscription
A stunning selection of the most delicious produce will be delivered once a month for 3 months. At Melissa’s, the produce is selected at their peak of perfection and packed by hand to ensure safe arrival. A $124 value.
Prize 4: A Red Dancing Leaves Teapot and a tin of Hot Apple Cider Tea from The Republic of Tea
Let the aroma of fresh apple and mulled cider spices envelop you as you sip this golden infusion. The crisp, lingering finish will leave you wanting more! A naturally-caffeine free blend of apples, cinnamon cloves and ginger. Reminiscent of apple cider, with the luscious aroma of cinnamon and cloves, make this cup the perfect accompaniment to the colors of the harvest season.
Embossed, windswept leaves whirl across this 20 oz ceramic teapot. Includes a stainless steel infuser. An exclusive design by The Republic of Tea. A $44 value
Prize 5: A selection of six flavors of Oat Crackers from Nairn’s
One winner will receive a box of each Nairn’s Original, Chocolate Chip, Stem Ginger Oat Grahams, Caramelized Onions, Rosemary & Sea Salt Flatbreads, and Oat Cracker. Nairn’s has been baking oats since 1896. They use simple, natural, and wholesome ingredients in their products. Minimum $25 value
Prize 6: A Selection of extracts from Taylor and Colledge.
One winner will receive a selection of extracts to include vanilla bean, almond, lemon, and lavender. In 1897, Taylor & Colledge won its first award for excellence in vanilla. Since then, the Taylor & Colledge commitment for unsurpassed quality has earned its reputation as one of the world’s finest producers of vanilla. Minimum of $25 value
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Six (6) winners will be randomly selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #FallFlavors bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway and the contest is open only to US residents.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors posts or entries. Thank you to our sponsors Millican Pecan Company, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Republic of Tea, and Nairn’s for providing prizes.
Be sure to check out these other great #FallFlavors recipes below:
Appetizers and Snacks
- Caramel Pecan Clusters from An Affair from the Heart
- Carrot Top Hummus from Savory Moments
- Fall Charcuterie Board from Magical Ingredients
- Roasted Red Pepper and Crab Savory Cheesecake from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sweet And Spicy Roasted Nuts from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Breakfast and Baked Goods
- Apple Cranberry Pecan Overnight Oats from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Cinnamon Apple Bread from Lemon Blossoms
- Sweet Potato Pancakes from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Soups and Salads
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup from Devour Dinner
- Panera Autumn Squash Soup from The Fresh Cooky
- Salmon Salad With Grapes And Pecans from Art of Natural Living
- Apple Butter Dijon Roasted Brussel Sprouts With Candied Pecans And Green Apple from Soulfully Made
- Butternut Squash And Bacon Risotto from SueBee Homemaker
- Loaded Bacon And Kale Salad from Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts And Butternut Squash from Eat Move Make
- Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash from Hostess At Heart
- Apple Cider Rubbed Pork Chops from That Recipe
- Thai Butternut Squash Curry from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Butternut Squash Parmesan Pasta from Frugal & Fit
- Grape & Gorgonzola Pizza from The Spiffy Cookie
- Honey Dijon Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner from Simple and Savory
- How To Air Fry Pork Tenderloin With Sweet Potatoes from West Via Midwest
- Butter Pecan Fudge from Take Two Tapas
- Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake from Fresh April Flours
- Easy Apple Crisp from Life Love and Good Food
- Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies from Books n’ Cooks
- French Apple Tart from Jen around the world
- Individual Grape Crumble from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pumpkin Roll from House of Nash Eats
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles from Family Around The Table
- Slow Cooker Apple Pear Crisp from Blogghetti