Welcome to #Choctoberfest and Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes!
Yay! #Choctoberfest is finally here! Let the chocolate-y goodness commence! From now until the end of the week, I am joining forces with over 100 other bloggers from around the world to post delicious chocolate recipes. Every day, #Choctoberfest bloggers will be celebrating all things chocolate – milk, dark, white, bittersweet, semi-sweet, and cocoa!
So, do you want a recipe featuring chocolate right now? Ok ok, if you insist! I posted a sneak peak of this recipe for grain-free pumpkin chocolate pancakes last week. It actually features 3 of our main sponsors, all in one delicious recipe! I’ll be doing a salute to each of our sponsors individually, with a different recipe every day through Saturday, but this one is special. This one is a combination. A way to highlight what’s to come throughout the week! These grain-free, paleo pumpkin pancakes feature Barlean’s butter flavored coconut oil, Sprinkle Pop’s pumpkin sprinkles, and Divine’s 100% bittersweet chocolate. The recipe is dairy free, refined sugar free, and of course, gluten-free. If you want this recipe, it’s available for you below.
A #Choctoberfest Giveaway!
But let’s start with a #Choctoberfest prize pack from our generous sponsors, shall we? Scroll down to learn how you can enter to win. One lucky winner will receive the following:
- A 100-Piece Cake Decorating Kit from our blog sponsors The PinterTest Kitchen. This set includes a cake turntable, piping bags, piping tips, flower nozzles, scapers, and more.
- An Instant Pot and a 40-Pound Case of Granulated Sugar from our gold sponsor Imperial Sugar. Imperial Sugar provides high-quality sugar and sweetener products and over 100 years of time-tested recipes. Sweet things happen when people come together in the kitchen, and that’s why Imperial Sugar has been at the heart of family traditions and celebrations for generations.
- Coconut Oil and Chocolate Silk Greens from our silver sponsor Barlean’s, your trusted source for chocolatey goodness superfood nutrition. Barlean’s has a commitment to staying ahead of the innovation curve in providing the absolute highest quality product.
- A Chocolate Gift Pack from our silver sponsor Forte Chocolates. You’ll receive 12 of their most popular chocolate bars. With Forte Chocolates, you can celebrate life through chocolate. They also have a line of chocolate developed specifically to use in savory recipes. You’ll see it featured not only by me this week, but my fellow bloggers as well!
- A Chocolate Gift Pack from our silver sponsor Divine Chocolate. You’ll receive one of each of their baking bars, a white chocolate bar, and their top 5 everyday bars. Divine Chocolate is the only Fairtrade chocolate company in the world that is owned by cocoa farmers. Their baking bars are also a delicious vegan option.
- A Selection of Sprinkles from our silver sponsor Sprinkle Pop. Sprinkle Pop’s bespoke sprinkle creations are one of a kind, just like you! At Sprinkle Pop, you can also order a custom sprinkle mix; there isn’t a sprinkle mix that you can dream up that they can’t create.
That’s a prize pack worth over $400! Open worldwide, except where prohibited. Must be 18+ to enter (21+ in some locations). See terms and conditions for more details.
To enter, simply follow our sponsors using the widget below. You can gain additional entries by following me and the other participating bloggers. A winner will be drawn on October 21, 2018 and contacted via email. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Don’t forget to come back to my blog every day for more chocolatey goodness between now and October 20.
Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Pancakes
An easy grain free pancake that you can throw together any day of the week!
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted I used Barlean’s butter flavored
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 3 tbsp collagen peptides I used Orgain’s
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup bittersweet dark chocolate, chopped I used Divine’s 100% chocolate
- 1/4 cup maple syrup Optional, if you’re on Keto, feel free to leave this out
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin shaped sprinkles I used Sprinkle Pop’s!
Preheat a large cast iron skillet over medium low heat
Melt a tablespoon or two of coconut oil in bottom of the pan
Combine all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Add chocolate and sprinkles in last.
Pour 1/8 cup sized dollops of batter into preheated skillet and cook 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Fill over and cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
Remove from pan and replace with more batter. Repeat until all batter has been used. Top pancakes with butter and maple syrup as desired. Serve hot.