Thai Chicken Tacos
I’m a big fan of Thrive Market. It doesn’t get any better than groceries shipped right to my door at up to 50% off store retail price, right? Especially during the holidays when Trader Joe’s is a nightmarish zoo! Right now, you can get 20% off your first three orders if you’d like to check them out! Find out all about them HERE and with my affiliate link you can also get 25% off your first order! Such a deal. No, really, they saved me all kinds of money.
In my last box from Thrive, I tried a few new products that called out to me. Some of them I had tried in Denver a couple of months ago at the Great Grain Free Festival and wanted to give the companies a go. This recipe uses three of those products; Yai Thai’s Almond Sauce, Sir Kensington’s Special Sauce, and Otto Cassava Flour mix which I made tortillas out of. Super simple and quick, these Thai Chicken Tacos came together in about an hour. And so pretty too, wouldn’t you say?!
Thai Chicken Tacos
½ lb chicken tenders
½ C Yai Thai’s Almond Sauce
1 C shredded red cabbage
½ green apple, diced finely
½ C English cucumber, diced
2 T cilantro
½ a large sweet onion, minced
½ C Sir Kensington’s Special Sauce (you can also use just regular mayo if you prefer)
1 T Sirarcha sauce (adjust to taste if you don’t like spicy)
(*The cassava flour tortilla recipe is on the back of the Otto flour bag. I don’t want to commit copyright infringement by posting it here. I am a librarian, for heaven’s sake!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay chicken tenders in a shallow baking dish and baste with the almond sauce. Pop those bad boys in the oven for 25-30 minutes. That’s it. Super easy.
- In a mixing bowl, mix all ingredients of cabbage slaw together. Refrigerate until chicken is done.
- Make those tortillas (or you could definitely use those little street taco tortillas or Siete foods tortillas instead!)
- Once chicken is cooked, dice tenders into small piece.
- Lay chicken in a tortilla, top with more Almond sauce and the slaw. You could also add more cilantro. Serve immediately.