Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Lentil Soup (#NationalSlowCookerMonth)
Welcome to #NationalSlowCookerMonth! We’re celebrating with a week of soups, stews, and comfort foods galore! But I have a confession to make. I don’t love soups all that much. Yes, there are times (usually when it’s below freezing) that I’ll crave soup. But it’s few and far between. Except for this soup, because it tastes like Indian food. And I love Indian food! Coconut Curry Lentil Soup is the perfect blend of exotic flavors!
Thank you to Camellia Beans for sponsoring this delightful recipe! All opinions are my own.
While I may not love soups, I do love my slow cooker. I have a full time job and there are many times I just don’t feel like coming home and cooking. And eating out all the time is neither healthy for my waistline nor my pocketbook! Enter the all mighty slow cooker! This tool + a solid meal prep plan is a saving grace. Ingredients in a pot, plug it in, and 8 hours later, come home to a hot meal! Do weeknights get any better than that?
Beans are great for the slow cooker. Let’s face it, not every ingredient is slow cooker friendly. They just don’t hold up to simmering 8 hours without completely falling apart. Not beans! They’re solid. They work perfectly in a slow cooker! And that’s why this coconut curry lentil soup is the perfect recipe to kick off Slow Cooker Week! It’s gluten free, dairy free, and vegan to boot! You could win some fun prizes (including beans from our sponsor, Camellia) below. Enter the giveaway and you could be all set to make your own slow cooker meal!
Also, don’t forget to check out the other fabulous slow cooker recipes from my fellow bloggers below!
Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Lentil Soup
- 1 Large Onion Chopped
- 2 Medium Carrots Diced
- 1 Cup Dried Lentils Rinsed
- 2 Cloves Fresh Garlic Minced
- 6 Cups Vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp Red curry paste I used Thai Kitchen
- 1 Tbsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1 14 oz can Coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro For garnish
Peel and chop onion and carrots.
Plug in slow cooker and set to low. Add chopped onions and carrots to pot.
Measure and add rest of ingredients, except for coconut milk and cilantro.
Cook over low heat 8 hours or high heat for 5 hours.
Once lentils are mushy, take an immersion blender to the soup and blend until smooth. (You May need to add more broth to get your desired consistency)
Before serving, stir in coconut milk. Top with chopped cilantro and enjoy!
Side note: This soup freezes well and will last in the refriger for several days, making it great for lunches throughout the week!
Monday’s Slow Cooker Recipes
- Cheesy Chicken Pasta Bake by That Recipe
- Beef Short Ribs with Vegetables by Family Around the Table
- Easy Slow Cooker Lady Pea Cassoulet by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Homestyle Pork Roast (Slow Cooker) by Palatable Pastime
- Make-Ahead Slow Cooker Tomato Sauce by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Lentil Soup by Frugal & Fit
- Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken and Tomato Pasta Sauce by Savory Moments
- Slow Cooker Curried Lentil & Sausage Soup by The Spiffy Cookie
- Slow Cooker Dinner Rolls by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Slow Cooker Nashville Hot Chicken Sandwiches by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Slow Cooker Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Casserole by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Slow Cooker Pinto Bean and Chorizo Naan Bread Appetizer by The Freshman Cook
- Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Slow Cooker Tuscan White Bean Soup with Sausage by Blogghetti
- Vegan Slow Cooker Chickpea Noodle Soup by Kate’s Recipe Box
Contest runs 1/20/2020 at 12:00 a.m. till 1/27/2020 at 11:59 p.m.
The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #NationalSlowCookerMonth bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway and contest is open only to US residents.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #NationalSlowCookerMonth posts or entry. Thank you to our sponsors Banza, Camellia, and Rhodes for providing prizes.