Keto Bulletproof Fudgsicles
OMG, I just made the best Keto dessert on the face of the planet! If I do say so myself. LOL. These Chocolate Mint Bulletproof Fudgsicles are the perfect treat on a hot, summer day. Am I allowed to use the term Fudgsicles? I hope I’m not breaching any copyright laws with that term!
I was provided free product in exchange for a recipe creation. All opinions are my own.
Barlean’s is another one of our fabulous sponsors for Cookout Week and they so generously provided me with a huge tub of their butter flavored coconut oil. It is vegan, USDA certified organic, tastes like butter (or more like ghee in my opinion) but still contains all the health benefits of coconut oil like MCT. I went through a bunch of different ideas on how to use the product before coming up with the brilliant idea of bulletproof popsicles. Admittedly, I also used it on top of popcorn on more than one occasion. I know, not a Paleo treat, but I just couldn’t help myself! It was so amazing! I have since used the entire container that Barlean’s provided me and must buy more. It’s that good!
If you’re not familiar with bulletproof coffee, it’s a combination of coffee, butter, and MCT oil. Coconut oil is extremely high in MCT (around 60%) and tends to be a cheaper option than getting pure MCT oil. Here’s a great article from Dr. Axe that provides information on why MCT is beneficial to the body: “6 Health Benefits of MCT Oil“. Basically, it’s easily digestible and provides long lasting energy without a sugar spike like carbs do.
I’ve been trying to grow more herbs this year on my back patio and it was NOT going very well. Herbs just can’t seem to handle much direct sun at all and my patio gets a good 6-8 hours of direct sunlight. I kept burning my plants. Poor plants. So I had to move them indoors to my dining room. I’m growing cilantro, parsley, chives, dill, and chocolate mint. This was the first recipe I got to use the mint in! I was so excited!
I also found some Chocolate Mocha flavored coffee beans at World Market and along with the chocolate mint, created this chocolate coffee fudgsicles without having to add any flavored or sugared syrups! You could also add some unsweetened cocoa powder if you’d like a more intense chocolate flavor. I would have but didn’t have any powder in the house! Oh well, they still came out fabulous! If you’re looking for an easy, summer treat without the calories, give these a try.
- 16 oz chocolate flavored coffee, prepared
- 2 Tbsp Barlean’s butter flavored coconut oil
- 2 sprigs chocolate mint
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp low-glycemic sweetener of choice (Swerve, Stevia, Coconut Sugar, etc)
- Steep chocolate mint in hot coffee for 15 minutes. Remove leaves and set aside.
- Melt coconut oil into coffee. Using a whisk or hand blender, combine coffee, vanilla, sweetener and coconut oil until well mixed and slightly frothy.
- Pour mixture into a popsicle mold. Freeze overnight until solid.
- If you'd like, here are a few additional ingredients you could try adding.
- To increase fat content, try adding additional unsalted butter to the mix.
- You could also add 2 tsp of cocoa powder, flavored extracts like mint or orange, or even unsweetened cacao nibs.