Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies
Sharing is caring!Jump to Recipe
Welcome to Christmas Cookie Week and my first recipe for Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies! We’re going to start the holidays off a little early around here, sound good? We’re in 2020, right? I heard some people started the celebrations back in September! I’m cool with that. My Christmas tree may even go up this weekend 😉 But first, what could be better than a whole WEEK of Christmas cookies, right? And guess what, you could win some great prizes to get your baking off to an amazing start. Scroll to the bottom for a complete list of all those prizes and to enter.
Anolon and Adams Extract generously sponsored this recipe for Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies. All opinions are my own.
I think of gingerbread as a classic Christmas cookie. Though, the flavors of ginger, molasses, and cinnamon just scream WINTER to me in general. Shape them in hearts instead of men, frost them in red or pink, and you’ve got a delicious Valentine’s day dessert that’s gluten free, nut free, dairy free, and refined sugar free. And they’d be perfect for sending to school with your little ones! This recipe took me several tries to get right and needed WAY more flour than I originally thought. Make sure you chill it for several hours as this is key to making it easy to roll out. They also don’t puff up at much as a regular gingerbread cookie might, so roll it out a little thicker if you want a soft cookie. I like mine crunchy so mine were thinner. Whatever your heart desires!
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies
Try this easy, one bowl Christmas cookie recipe! Easily adaptable to dairy free as well, these cookies are sure to please!
- 2 1/3 cups gluten free flour blend I used Bob's Red Mill
- 1/4 cup cassava flour
- 1/2 tsp Xanthum gum Unless your mix already contains it. Mine did not.
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon I used Adams Extracts
- 1 tsp ground clove
- 1 tsp vanilla extract I used Adams Extracts
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature Use coconut oil if dairy free
- 4 tbsp unsulphured molasses
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 large egg
In large bowl or kitchenaid, combine all dry ingredients. Create a well in the center of the dry mixture and add the rest of the ingredients (vanilla, butter, molasses, honey, and egg). Stir until well combined.
Form a ball (dough will be quite sticky at this point) and wrap in parchment paper. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with either parchment (NOT wax paper. I tried that and it smoked something fierce) or SilPat sheet liners.
On a well-floured surface, roll cookie dough out to 1/4 inch thickness. You may need a lot of flour if your dough is too sticky. You could also roll out on a pastry mat.
Cut into desired shapes and place on cookie sheet. Once on cookie sheet, place in freezer for 5 minutes to set.
Bake 7-8 minutes in oven or until set. Cool on cookie sheets and decorate as desired. I used Simple Mills frosting to decorate my men! These cookies also freeze really well.
Make sure you check out these fabulous Christmas Cookie Week recipes from my fellow blogging friends!
Monday Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Amaretti Snowball Cookies by Our Sutton Place
- Bourbon Pecan Snowballs by Leftovers Then Breakfast
- Brown Sugar Pecan Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cappuccino Crinkles by West Via Midwest
- Cherry Garlands by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies by Books n’ Cooks
- Chocolate Sugar Kisses by An Affair from the Heart
- Christmas Confetti Amaretti Cookies by The Spiffy Cookie
- Christmas Mouse Shortbread Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Christmas Pinwheel Cookies by Lemon Blossoms
- Cinnamon Chip Holiday Spice Cake Mix Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Cinnamon Pecan Snickerdoodles by Daily Dish Recipes
- Classic Butter Spritz Cookies by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies by Frugal & Fit
- Hermit Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Honey Spice Oatmeal Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Melting Snowman Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pecan Brown Sugar Cookies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pecan Pie Bars by Eat Move Make
- Pecan Pie Cookies by Art of Natural Living
- Peppermint Chocolate Cookies by Swirls of Flavor
- Peppermint Kiss Cookies by Devour Dinner
- Peppermint Patty Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Peppermint Shortbread Cookies by Simply Inspired Meals
- Raspberry Jam Cookies by Making Miracles
- Reindeer Cookies by Sweet Beginnings
- Soft Sugar Cookies with Sprinkles by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Toffee Bars by That Recipe
- White Chocolate Cranberry Crinkle Cookies by Blogghetti
This year’s #ChristmasCookies week,where more than 25 bloggers are sharing cookie recipes perfect for your holiday celebrations, is hosted by Ellen from Family Around the Table, Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures and Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks. We invite you to not only check out the recipes above but enter our amazing giveaway.
Don’t miss one delicious cookie recipe! Follow along on Pinterest.
Prize 1: Tower of Treats from Millican Pecan Company
Originally founded as the West Texas Pecan Nursery in the late 1800’s, Millican Pecan is now in 5th generation ownership. Located in San Saba, TX, the family continues the tradition of pecan farming while also branching the business into the online world. The family also enjoys educating people about pecans. One winner will receive The Tower of Treats Gift Tins. The tower includes 3 decorative gift tins stacked on top of each other. The bottom tin includes our 2 lb. Chocolate Pecan Sampler, the middle tin is our Flavored Pecan Sampler and the top tin is an 8 oz. tin of Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles). An $80 value.
Prize 2: An Assortment of Flavored Extracts from Adams Extract and Spices
In January 2013, Adams, one of the oldest continuously operated companies in Texas and one of oldest spice and extract companies in the United States, celebrated its 125th birthday and was awarded the Texas Treasure Business Award, an award sponsored by State Bill 920 that recognizes the accomplishments of Texas businesses that have provided employment opportunities and support to the state’s economy for at least 50 years and pays tribute to the state’s well-established businesses and their exceptional historical contributions toward the state’s economic growth and prosperity.
Today, Adams proudly manufactures and markets under several Adams Brand banners, including Adams Best®, Adams Extract®, Adams® Seasoning & Spice, Adams Reserve®, Flavor King™, Pantry Basics™, Sear-n-Crust®, ClearVan™, Carniceria®, Cocina del Rey®, Naturals™, and Urban Canner™ along with the Adams Frozen Skillet Desserts and Adams Premium Ice Cream lines. In addition, Adams is proud to manufacture for some of the nations most respected Private Label Brands as well as other legacy Regional Seasoning Brands and is used to flavor many commercially produced food products around the nation.
Prize 3: A Set of Baking Pans from Anolon
Established in the 1950’s, Meyer Manufacturing started by making and selling flashlights. In 1971 they started their journey into selling cookware. By 1986 they released the world’s first hard-anodized nonstick cookware which revolutionized the world of home cooking. Their nonstick surface didn’t flake or scratch easily.
Today they sell bakeware with nonstick interior and exterior made with a special sapphire-reinforced blend that is triple coated. NOTE: Color may vary from the photo above.
Make Sweets & Treats your one-stop shop for all your holiday sprinkle needs. In addition to fun, festive and colorful sprinkles, Sweets & Treats offers cupcake liners, edible glitters, sugars, and more.
Founded in 2010 by Shannon Harvey out of an industry need for bold, bright cupcake liners and baking supplies that are the life of the party! Based in Louisiana, Sweets & Treats is a designer cupcake liner manufacturer and party supply company that creates exclusive greaseproof cupcake liners, sprinkles, sprinkle mixes, paper straws, and other baking supplies.
Four (4) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #ChristmasCookies bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Giveaway open to US Residents only who are 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #ChristmasCookies posts or entry.