Gluten Free Eggplant Parmesan
It’s Farmers Market Week! I just love all the fresh produce of summertime, don’t you? It’s been a while since I’ve posted a new recipe but what could be better than a glorious comeback with a farmers’ market classic: a Gluten Free Eggplant Parmesan. Such a delicious, easy, Italian meal that screams summer to me!
That deep purple color of eggplant. The crispy outside. The fresh herbs. The tangy Parmesan. Eggplant Parmesan is just the best. And it’s really easy to make! You can even make it grain free if you wanted. I have a really old recipe for that too, if you’re so inclined. Find that recipe here: Almond Encrusted Eggplant Parmesan. But this recipe is what I use most often. It utilizes Aleia’s gf panko crumbs which just give these slices of eggplant the most delicious crunch. It’s also lactose free as it skips the dairy heavy mozzarella in favor of Parmesan. Mmm, bellissimo! Try this gluten free eggplant Parmesan recipe. You absolutely won’t regret it.
Gluten Free Eggplant Parmesan
- 1 large eggplant sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 large eggs whisked
- 1 cup gluten free breadcrumbs I like aleia’s best
- 1 tbsp Italian herbs seasoning
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 2 cups Marinara sauce
- cooking oil for frying I used EVOO but any you like is fine
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
Mix breadcrumbs, herbs, and salt together in a shallow dish.
In separate dish, whisk eggs together.
Slice eggplant into 1/2 inch slices. Dip first into egg and then breadcrumb mixture.
Fry in hot oil for 2-3 minutes in each side, or until golden brown. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
Top with heated marinara sauce and a sprinkle of Parmesan.
Serve hot over pasta of choice. Enjoy!
Farmer’s Market Week is always the first week in August. Whether you have a great local farm stand or market, are a member of a CSA or purchase your fruits and vegetables at the supermarket, follow our Pinterest board, for great recipes including those for appetizers, drinks, breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and more. Also, be sure to check out all the amazing farmers market week recipes below!
Here’s more Farmer’s Market Week Recipes
Starters and Drinks Recipes
- Baked Feta Pasta with Spinach by SueBee Homemaker
- Cheese Stuffed Banana Peppers by Savory Moments
- Dill Vinegar by Palatable Pastime
- Herb Cream Cheese Dip by Take Two Tapas
- Zucchini Walnut Bread by West Via Midwest
- Watermelon Slush by The Fresh Cooky
- Whipped Feta with Honey by Books n’ Cooks
- Zucchini Pico de Gallo Salsa by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Side Dishes Recipes
- Air-Fried Zucchini by Our Good Life
- Air Fryer Parmesan Squash Fries by Cookaholic Wife
- Brussels and Bowties by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Classic 3-Bean Salad by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Green Beans with Shallots by Family Around the Table
- Heirloom Tomato Salad with Burrata by House of Nash Eats
- Mexican Street Corn by Blogghetti
- Watermelon and Feta Salad by Life Love and Good Food
Main Dish Recipes
- Asparagus and Coconut Stir-Fry by Magical Ingredients
- Fresh Chicken and Veggie Pizza by The Freshman Cook
- Grilled Chicken Tacos with Strawberry Salsa by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Blueberry Pie by Lemon Blossoms
- Chai Snickerdoodle Peach Cobbler by The Spiffy Cookie
- Fresh Peach Shortcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Peach Bruschetta by The Redhead Baker
- Peach Ice Cream by Devour Dinner
- Peach Kuchen by Hostess At Heart
- Peaches and Cream Cake Roll by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Yogurt Panna Cotta with Fresh Raspberry Sauce by Karen’s Kitchen Stories