Gluten Free Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies – #ChristmasCookieWeek
And today marks my last contribution to #ChristmasCookieWeek 😩 But I’m going out with a bang, don’t you worry! These sweet gluten free cream cheese sugar cookies were actually my favorite of the three recipes I created for this food event. They’re not too sweet and the cream cheese gives it a nice acidity and punch of flavor. And those Christmas sprinkles from Sweets & Treats (not sponsored) are just too cute!
Gluten Free Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies
I rarely eat many of the things I bake. Usually, I take into work or to my family for them to eat. I will, of course, taste test everything, but eating a whole recipe by myself is never a good idea 😉 But I must admit, over the course of a week, I ate this entire recipe. LOL. They were THAT good. Definitely my favorite of the 3 recipes I’ve shared this week. I highly recommend them. These will totally be on our family Christmas dessert table this year. No doubt about it!
I hope you all have enjoyed this week’s preview into some awesome Christmas desserts! I’ll continue to share some of my other favorite cookie recipes the rest of the week. Maybe you should look into this recipe for Italian Pizzelles. It just might be my favorite recipe I’ve ever created.
Gluten Free Cream Cheese Cookies
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend I used Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 oz cream cheese softened
- 10 tbsp butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup sprinkles of choice
In a large mixing bowl or Kitchenaid, mix flours, sugar, baking soda, and salt together.
Add the rest of your ingredients to bowl (except for sprinkles). Stir to combine.
Cover bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line cookie sheet with silpat or parchment.
Using a cookie scoop or soup spoon, roll tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough.
Take each ball and roll in your sprinkles.
Place dough on cookie sheet and press down slightly to flatten.
Bake cookies 8-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Do not overbake!
Remove from oven, transfer cookies to wire baking rack and cool.
Wednesday Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Andes Peppermint Oatmeal Cookies from Christmas Tree Lane
- Cherry Pecan Thumbprint Cookies from Family Around the Table
- Chocolate Linzer Cookies from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Blossoms from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cinnamon Spiral Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Dark Rum Cherry Almond Thumbprint Cookies from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Easy Sugar Sprinkle Cookies from Palatable Pastime
- Gluten-Free Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies from Frugal & Fit
- Gingerbread Cookie Bars from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Ginger-Lemon Delights from Sweet Beginnings
- Glazed Orange Carrot Cookies from The Spiffy Cookie
- Italian Ricotta Cookies from Jen around the world
- Melted Snowman Cookies from Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
- Mexican Wedding Cookies from Shockingly Delicious
- Pecan Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies from Kate’s Recipe Box
- Pistachio Rose Cookies from Magical Ingredients
- Reindeer Cookies from Devour Dinner
- S’Mores Cookie Bars from An Affair from the Heart
- S’Mores Drop Cookies from Daily Dish Recipes
- Snickerdoodles from Leftovers Then Breakfast
- Speculoos Cookies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Stained Glass Cookies from Art of Natural Living
- Whipped Shortbread Cookies from Take Two Tapas
- White Chocolate Espresso Cookies from Blogghetti