Gluten Free Chocolate Spritz
What is your absolute, hands down favorite Christmas cookie of all time? For me, there’s no question about it. I LOVE a good spritz. They’re so buttery and I think they’re the perfect level of sweetness. And this time, I added chocolate. There’s no better cookie on the planet better than these gluten free chocolate spritz. There, I said it. And I’m sticking to it!
Gluten Free Chocolate Spritz Cookies
Last year, my family went to Germany for the Christmas markets. We stayed in Cologne most of the time and the Lindt Chocolate Museum is there! Didn’t even know that before we got there. We were scheduled to take the train down to Switzerland and visit the chocolate factory there but our flights home out of Switzerland got cancelled so we stayed in Germany to make sure we got out on time. But that was ok because I still got my fill of chocolate! And I brought home plenty of baking supplies too, including a couple of tins of the most decadent dark cocoa powder ever created. It’s amazing. And I still had enough of it to create this recipe. 😁
Now, I’m not saying you have to use European dark chocolate to make this recipe. You don’t. Any cocoa powder will do. You don’t even need to put chocolate in these! They’re delicious without it. But chocolate definitely makes them better. Try them. You won’t regret it. Even your non-gluten free friends are gonna love them. I’m sure of it!
And, of course, don’t forget to check out my blogging buddies recipes too!
- Almond Paste Squares by Shockingly Delicious
- Cherry Vanilla Pinwheels by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Cherry Wink Cookies by An Affair from the Heart
- Chewy Frosted Christmas Blondie Cookie Bar by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Chocolate Blossom Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Chocolate Mint-Filled Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cranberry Orange Shortbread Cookies by Art of Natural Living
- Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies by Hostess At Heart
- Eggnog Snickerdoodle Cookies by Best Cookie Recipes
- Elf Style Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies by Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Gingerdoodles by Magical Ingredients
- Gingerbread Magic Cookie Bars by Family Around the Table
- Gingerbread Oatmeal Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Spritz by Frugal & Fit
- Grinch Cookie Recipe by Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
- Nut-Free Snowball Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, and Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles by Christmas Tree Lane
- Raspberry Pistachio Thumbprints by Sweet Beginnings
- Rosewater Pistachio Snowball Cookies by The Spiffy Cookie
- Sourdough Ginger Cookies by That Recipe
- Toffee Bars by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Whipped Shortbread Cookies by Blogghetti
Gluten Free Chocolate Spritz
- 1/2 C butter
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 C gluten free flour mix I used Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1
- 1/4 C unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 tsp salt
- sprinkles, as desired optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Using a stand mixer, cream together butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla.
Add flour, cocoa, and salt to butter mixture and mix together. Dough should be pretty sticky.
Add dough to cookie gun and press onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Top with sprinkles.
Bake 5-7 minutes and remove from oven before cookies brown. Cool on wire rack. Enjoy!