Gluten Free Blackberry Mocha Brownies – #SpringSweetsWeek
Is it just me or did this week seem really long? Maybe it’s all the chaos going on in our country and the world right now, but I’m definitely glad it’s Friday! I’m definitely going out with a bang though with these Gluten Free Blackberry Mocha Brownies!
This recipe is sponsored by Door County Coffee in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. All opinions are my own.
Door Country was SO generous with their coffee samples they send to each of us bloggers for #SpringSweetsWeek. They gave us at least a dozen flavors to try out! Some of them, I wasn’t so sure about. I didn’t know if Peanut Butter and coffee would go to together with their Peanut Butter Crunch flavor. Or Blueberry? Not common flavors, I know, but let me tell you, they’re all absolutely delicious! Peanut Butter is amazing in coffee! Blueberry too. But my all time favorite, that I did not expect, was their Blackberry Shortbread. Divine is the only word for it.
When I got all of Door County’s flavored coffees, I knew I wanted to make a mocha brownie. The combination of coffee and chocolate just pairs exceptionally well, don’t you think? But it needed a little twist. A little, something-something extra. So, of course, blackberry! That just seemed logical to me 🙂 And berries were coming back into season. Blackberries are readily available right now and at a great price! Try this recipe out while berries are here for the taking!
Don’t forget to check out the other recipes below from fellow #springsweetsweek bloggers! You can find the links to all their great recipes below the recipe card. And enter the giveaway while you’re at it! You could win one of 7 different prizes! See the full list of prizes HERE.
Gluten Free Blackberry Mocha Brownies
- 1 cup gluten free flour mix I used Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1
- 1/2 cup cassava flour I used Otto’s
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Door County coffee, brewed I used their Blackberry Shortbread flavor
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 8 oz blackberries, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cookie spray or line with parchment.
Combine butter, sugar, unsweetened baking chocolate, and vanilla together in a microwavable bowl. Heat in microwave in 30 second intervals, until chocolate is melted. Stir to combine and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder.
Add in eggs, one at a time, and combine well.
Pour in prepared coffee and chocolate mixture. Stir to combine.
Add in chocolate chips, 4 oz of blackberries and pecans (if desired). Combine and Pour into baking dish.
In a small mixing bowl, crush other 4 oz of blackberries and swirl into top of uncooked brownie batter.
Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in baking pan. Remove from pan, cut, and serve. Enjoy!
Friday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Blueberry French Toast Casserole by Fresh April Flours
- Buttermilk Birthday Cake with Creamy Chocolate Frosting by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Caramel Pecan Cannoli by Palatable Pastime
- Carrot Cake Muffins by Books n’ Cooks
- Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread by Shockingly Delicious
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Almond Truffles by Family Around the Table
- Disney Spring Treat Lemon Cheesecake by Simply Inspired Meals
- French Silk Tartlets by That Recipe
- Gluten Free Blackberry Mocha Brownies by Frugal & Fit
- Hummingbird Pancakes with Homemade Pineapple Syrup and Candied Pecans by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Lemon Blueberry Fritters by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Lemon Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze by Blogghetti
- Lemon Cheesecake Ice Cream with Strawberries by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Lemon Poppy Seed Poke Cake by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Lemon Poppyseed Bars by Cookaholic Wife
- PEEPS Crispy Treats by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Raspberry Moscow Mule Cupcakes by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Raspberry Rosé Cupcakes by The Spiffy Cookie
- Spring Cut Out Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Strawberry Banana Bread with Cinnamon Chips by Sweet Beginnings
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes by Jen Around the World
- Strawberry Rhubarb Bread by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Strawberry Shortbread Bars by A Savory Feast
- Vegan Lemon Berry Sweet Rolls by The Baking Fairy
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Millican Pecan, Door County Coffee & Tea Co., Anolon, Fresh April Sprinkles, Deiss Kitchenware, and Adams Extracts for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.