Dairy Free Cream of Asparagus Soup
It’s National Soup Swap Day! I love a good soup in the dead of winter, don’t you? This recipe for Dairy Free Cream of Asparagus is going to rock your world!
I’ve been trying to do a sugar detox these past two weeks and I think it’s going pretty well! I’ve always found the key to a successful sugar detox is meal prep. I’m picky about what leftovers I eat so I need to be strategic on meal prepping things that I feel like reheat well. I also don’t like sandwiches that much, nor many salads. Well, I just don’t like prepping salads! I don’t mind eating them if someone else makes them for me! Soups are good and I don’t mind it reheated.
Dairy Free Cream of Asparagus Soup
I also don’t mind most proteins or veggies reheated. I really like hot dogs. Don’t know why, I just do. I just have to be careful on the brands of hot dogs I eat now. Applegate and Teton Waters are some of my favorites. They’re organic and have no added sugar. I’ve never understood why most smoked meats have sugar in them. Why do you need to add sugar to a smoked product? We don’t expect it to be sweet when we buy it, right? Is it for preservation? I’m not really sure.
It’s National Soup Sway Day!
I digress. Last Sunday, I was contemplating what I should meal prep. I had some random bits of vegetables leftover and thought, Soup! That will be great for lunches next week! I’d been meaning to try a dairy free “cream” of asparagus and asparagus was on sale last week so I picked up a bunch. I used cauliflower to give it a creaminess along with a couple of tablespoons of Kite Hill plain yogurt. You could also use coconut milk but that might give it a sweetness you don’t want. I’m not sure, I haven’t tried it. This soup was super easy to make. You just boil it on the stove and then throw it all in a blender or use an immersion blender. I have Cuisinart’s immersion blender and love it! You can find it HERE on Amazon. Makes blending soups or salad dressings a piece of cake!
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 cups chicken bone broth
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp chili pepper
- 2 T dairy free plain yogurt (I used Kite Hill's)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- In a medium sized saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat
- Add onions and garlic to pan. Saute until onions are transparent, about 5-6 minutes
- Add vegetables, stock, and spices to the onions and simmer over medium-low heat for 30 minutes, until vegetables are very tender
- Using an immersion blender or regular blender, blend soup until desired thickness
- Add yogurt to soup and bring back to a low boil. Switch off and garnish with parsley and lemon. Serve hot
Be sure to check out all the other #SoupSwap Recipes from my fellow bloggers, hosted by Kate’s Recipe Box – and we’re all sharing some tasty soup recipes to warm you up!
- Dill Pickle Soup from Kate’s Recipe Box
- Alphabet Soup from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Dairy Free Cream of Asparagus Soup from Frugal & Fit
- Quick Vegetable Soup from Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Clean the Refrigerator Soup from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Roasted Garlic Soup with Potatoes, Kale, & Bacon from Savory Moments
- Cream of Mushroom Soup from Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
- 30 Minute Two Bean Tomato Soup from Blogghetti
- Vichyssoise from That Recipe
- Rotisserie Chicken Alphabet Soup from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Chicken and Black Bean Vegetable Soup from Palatable Pastime
- Potato and Spinach Soup from Magical Ingredients
- Conch Soup from HomeMadeZagat
- Copycat Olive Garden Chicken and Gnocchi Soup from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Slow-Cooker Pasta Fagioli Soup from A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Corn Chowder from House of Nash Eats
- Lobster Bisque from The Redhead Baker
- Bacon-Cheddar Cauliflower Chowder from The Spiffy Cookie
- Hong Kong Style Spam & Egg Macaroni Soup from Making Miracles
- Cauliflower Cheddar Soup from Devour Dinner
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup from Hostess at Heart
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy for more information.