5 ingredient Almond Butter Cookies
Is there anything better than 5 ingredient cookies? And probably 5 ingredients you already have in your cupboard? I think not. So you may want to run to your pantry to grab this ingredients, because let me tell you, these cookies are fabulous. Absolutely fabulous. They’re a one bowl recipe and I had them mixed, baked, and cleaned up in about 45 minutes. Doesn’t get much better than that. These Paleo Almond Butter Cookies will satisfy any sweet craving you might be having!
These soft, addicting cookies are pretty versatile too. If you’ve got peanut butter in your pantry instead of almond butter, use it! Or hazelnut, or cashew. Any nut butter will work. I’ve also done ½ almond, ½ tahini and that works as well. I topped these with Simple Truth’s organic 72% dark chocolate chunks but you could use any chocolate chips you’d like. Enjoy Life’s are wonderful. Or Lily’s sugar free. You could even use cacao nibs if you wanted to go really fancy 😉 Or feel free to skip the chocolate. Though why on Earth you’d want to do that is beyond me. Just kidding.
You could also easily make these Keto friendly as well. Switch out the coconut sugar for erythritol or stevia to save some carbs and use sugar free chocolate chips. Like I said, super versatile. You could also add some finely chopped nuts if you’d prefer some crunch in your cookie! They’re flourless and dairy free (as long as you use a dairy-free chocolate chip like I did). Like I said, 5 ingredients. Almond butter, egg, vanilla extract, coconut sugar, and chocolate chips. Yup, that’s it. Surprised that a flourless cookie comes out so, cookie-like? The simple things in life are the best things in life. So whip up a batch of these easy, healthy Almond Butter Cookies today! You won’t regret it, I promise.
- 1 C almond butter
- 1 egg
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1/2 C coconut sugar
- 1/4 C chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk egg till slightly frothy.
- Add almond butter, vanilla, and coconut sugar to egg. Stir to combine well.
- Roll dough into tablespoon size balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Use a fork to make a criss-cross pattern in each ball of dough, flattening the dough as you go.
- Place 3-4 chocolate chunks on top of each cookie.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until set and cookies are lightly brown. Remove from cookie sheet and cool completely. Enjoy!