The Cutest Gluten Free Chocolate Monster Cookies! #HalloweenTreatsWeek
#HalloweenTreatsWeek is finally here! And I’ve been gearing up for this food event it seems like for MONTHS and it’s finally arrived. It’s going to be such a great week of food and celebration, where I’m teaming up with 40 bloggers to bring you tons of fun holiday treats and a great giveaway from our sponsors. I honestly think these gluten free chocolate monster cookies are one of the cutest recipes I’ve ever created and I couldn’t have done it without two of our fabulous sponsors’ generous donations.
This recipe sponsored by Wilton Decorating and Dixie Crystals. All opinions are my own.
I love Halloween, not really for the day itself, but because I feel like it kicks off the holiday season. It’s just 4 weeks from Halloween to Thanksgiving, and 8 weeks to a Christmas. Alas, I didn’t grow up celebrating Halloween that much. I was almost a teenager before I ever dressed up in a costume and I never went trick-or-treating. I know, that’s like child abuse, isn’t it? Take it up with my parents. 😂
Once I was a teenager, I started inviting friends over to watch a Halloween themed movie and order pizza. I absolutely love giving out candy to the neighborhood and I’m known now for always having allergy friendly treats available too. There will be a teal pumpkin on my porch! (Don’t know about the teal pumpkin project? Find out all about it HERE! And consider joining me to support kids in your neighborhood with allergies!) I’ve been doing this little tradition of a movie and pizza for over 15 years now! It’s one of my favorite days of the year! What are some of your Halloween traditions?
I’ll definitely be making these gluten free chocolate monster cookies for Halloween this year! It’ll go great with my gluten free pizza and all of the other allergy friendly treats I’ll have available for my family and friends. Make sure you check out all the other recipes by my fellow Halloween Treats bloggers and enter the giveaway. You could win some really cool stuff!
Gluten Free Chocolate Monster Cookies
- 24 gluten free chocolate cookies Any round cookie will do. Immaculate makes a good gluten free version!
- 3 cups chocolate ganache see recipe below
- 24 Wilton candy eyes 👀
- 1 large marshmallow for the teeth 🦷
Dairy Free Chocolate Ganache
- 12 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 1 14 oz can of coconut cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals powdered sugar
Bake chocolate cookies according to desired instructions. Cool and set aside.
In a small saucepan, heat coconut cream to light simmer (do not boil).
Break up bittersweet chocolate into small pieces in a mixing bowl. Add sugar and vanilla to chocolate.
Pour hot coconut cream over chocolate. Stir until chocolate is melted and ingredients are blended together.
Place mixing bowl in refrigerator for 30 minutes to cool slightly.
Using a frosting bag or ziploc (with corner tip cut off), pipe ganache into center of one chocolate cookie. Top with additional cookie to form a sandwich.
Cut up Marshmallow into tiny triangles to resemble teeth. Place 3-4 “teeth” onto side of cookie sandwich.
Add two dollops of ganache to top of cookie sandwich. Press 2 Wilton candy eyes into ganache. Cool to set. Enjoy!
#HalloweenTreatsWeek is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 2nd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 41 fantastically talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 160 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away a “Dinner and Dessert Set” – ONE 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker, a Pyrex mixing bowl set plus some fun Dixie Crystals items like a Dixie Crystal Apron and Cookbook!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Peppermint, 1.5oz Almond, 1 bottle vanilla cinnamon sugar, 1 bottle pumpkin pie spice
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Texturra 7-Piece Bakeware Set
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away a large baking box of goodies! Sweets and Treats will send one lucky winner a large assortment of sprinkles and lines and other samples of their products!
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a set of Holiday Treat Decorations (1 Gummy Assortment, 1 Marshmallow Snowman, 1 Toy Solider and 1 Gingerbread Men)
Prize # 6– Litehouseis giving away the following: 1 Litehouse® Honeycrisp Apple Cider, 1 Litehouse® Old Fashioned Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Pumpkin Spice Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Butterscotch Caramel & 1 Litehouse® Chocolate Dip, Snack Packs
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 7th – October 13th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop, Treat Street USA and Litehouse! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Chocolate Candy Witch Cauldrons from Big Bear’s Wife
- Candy Corn Fudge from Fake Ginger
- Candy Corn Layer Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Candy Corn Cookie Bars from 4 Sons R Us
- Halloween Potato Eyes from Pastry Chef Online
- Monster Munch Chex Party Mix from I am a Honey Bee
- Gluten Free Chocolate Monster Cookies from Frugal & Fit
- Caramel Sprinkle Baked Donuts from Cookaholic Wife
- Ghostly Popcorn Balls from Our Good Life
- Hocus Pocus Spell Book Brownies from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mummy Cake Pops from Jen Around the World
- Zombie Chocolate Donuts from Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Black Cauldron Bubbly Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Boolicious Caramel Chocolate Covered Fruit from Everyday Eileen
- Jack-o-Lantern Candy Bark from Sweet Beginnings
- Caramel Apple Blossoms from For the Love of Food
- Monster Marshmallows from Shockingly Delicious
- Halloween Muddy Buddies from Back To My Southern Roots
- Mummy Crinkle Cookies from Creative Southern Home
- Sally’s Sugar Cookies from The Spiffy Cookie
- Eyeball Thumbprint Cookies from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Eye of Newt Halloween Wands from Who Needs A Cape?
- Halloween Brownie Pudding Parfait from Desserts Required
- Halloween No Bake Cheesecake from Lemon Blossoms
- Halloween Dipped Ice Cream Cones from West Via Midwest
- Pumpkin Soup with Savory Spices and Roasted Pumpkin Seeds from Nancie’s Table
- Halloween Stuffed Chocolate Whoopie Pies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Death by Chocolate Dessert Ball from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Jack o Lantern Bundt Cake from The Redhead Baker
- Frankenstein Cupcake Cake from Jonesin’ For Taste
- Chocolate Truffle Pumpkin Spider Cake from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Spooky Sprinkled Brownies from The Beard and The Baker
- Halloween Candy Charcuterie Board from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Monster Buttermilk Pancakes from Katie’s Cucina
- Sugar Skull Layer Cake from Love and Confections
- Mummy Meringue Pops from My Sweet Zepol
- Halloween Hidden Bat Loaf Cat from Savory Moments
- Vegan Halloween Cookies & Cream Fault Line Cake from The Baking Fairy
- Halloween Corn Chip Dessert Bars from Intelligent Domestications
- Oogie Boogie Meringue Cupcakes from A Blender Mom
- Smores Ghost Brownies from Books n’ Cooks